Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome!

I really like reading and there is very little I am unwilling to try. This blog is where I will review the books I've read and keep you updated on how many I've read during the course of the year.

I always wanted to do a blog about my favorite books, but I've never been brave enough. It seemed as if I was claiming to some hold sort of superior taste in books; it seemed a bit snobbish. I'm not trying to be a book snob here- trust me, I've the farthest thing! I just want to share what I'm reading with the world, and maybe find some fellow bloggers who share my taste in literature.

I'll be covering graphic novels and children's books, but probably also nonfiction and theology. Basically, I'll read anything. To introduce my taste in books, here are some of my favorites:

The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton
Downright Dencey, Caroline Dale Snedeker
Rebecca, Daphne Du Maurier
Harry Potter, JK Rowling
Howl's Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones
Orthodoxy, GK Chesterton
Scott Pilgrim, Bryan Lee O'Malley
Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh

There are about two dozen more that I think of as favorites, but this will hopefully just get you acquainted with my taste. Last year I read 150 books and it really shaped my identity as a reader. I'm not going to share that list here (it is a little too massive) but a bunch of those titles will probably crop up in future posts.

I hope someone reads my posts here, I hope someone tries some of the books I recommend, but most of all, I hope anyone who is reading this blog feels free to comment and leave me some suggestions of their own.


~Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment